Friday, December 15, 2006

Click sabotage

I have Performancing metrics script installed in my website for quite sometime now that allows me to track Google AdSense clicks and from which articles they came from.

Today, I saw in my Performancing report that I had 30 clicks that came from this particular article in one day. Note that it is an old article.

I'm worried as such is very unusual and even thought that someone may be trying to commit click abuse on my site, for one reason or another, that may have an affect to my Google AdSense account.

Got to roll-up sleeves and do some log investigation. I'm paranoid.......

2 comments:

kukote said...

better report it immediately to Google Adsense, they might ban you for invalid clicks.

Janette Toral said...

Yeah, my concern was referred to the Google AdSense support team and hope to receive advise about it.